Tonight I’m re-reading Jeffery Gitomer’s Little Red Book of Selling.
I came across the section about the difference between failure and success and wanted to share.
There are 18.5 talking points- I’m going to cover 9 here, and 9.5 next time.
1. Believe You CAN. People have always ALWAYS said it is mind over matter…and that’s 100% true. It seems simple and even silly, but merely believing you can actually gives you the confidence to achieve your goal.
2. Create The Environment. This goes along with the “believe you can” concept. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people and this will encourage you to have a great attitude and believe in yourself.
3. Have The Right Associations. Again- it’s about attitude. See the trend here? Hang around the right people- positive, encouraging, supportive people and you will be on the mental road to success. Basically- cut the junk out of your life- and by junk I mean people with mean, nasty, bitter attitudes. They just suck the life out of everyone and everything around them. Cut them loose. You’ll be better off.
4. Expose Yourself To What’s New. This means learn something new every day. Educate yourself. Check your back office every day. Involve yourself 110% with your business. Check out the .com site, check out the .biz site, and talk to your fellow Community Directors often- daily if possible.
5. Plan For The Day. “Since you don’t know on which day success will occur, you’d better be ready every day” Well said, Jeffery. The old Boyscout saying rings true here- always be prepared. Have cards with you at all times. You never know when someone will say “hey, what is it you do? How can I get in on that? or “I LOVE the internet- I’m on allll the time!”
Also, prepare for your day by making goals, big and small. And DO them! Following through is a big part of being successful.
6. Become Valuable. Period. Know the comp plan as best as you can. Introduce yourself to the top income earners and corporate leadership team. Check your back office often.
Read up about industry news. Know what to say (and be RIGHT!- get your facts straight!) Become a knowledge base for both prospective Community Members, Community Directors, and current Community Directors.
7. Have The Answers Your Prospects And Customers Need (Community Members in our case!). This echos #6. The more you know, the better you can solve problems, answer questions, and help your prospects understand what it is you’re doing with your company. Incorporate facts with ANSWERS to people’s questions. If you don’t know- FIND OUT!
8. Recognize Opportunity. I have recently realized that opportunity appears when you’re not expecting it to. This goes back to being prepared. Know your stuff. Have cards handy. Ask people to join our free online community. Ask questions and work on developing a rapport with people. Again, people love answers more than they love facts.
9. Take Advantage of Opportunity. First, open your eyes and recognize it. Second, ACT on it. Seize your opportunity- ask friends, family, acquaintances and strangers to join your free online community. Leave sizzle cards (aka drop cards) places where people will find them.
The sky is the limit, my friends- believe in yourself, know your stuff, and simply open your mouth and ask someone to join our community today!