Recently I listened to Napoleon Hill’s famous “Think and Grow Rich” for the first time. I don’t know why it took me so long! Hill guides you through his success principles that took him 20 years to create.
This book is subjective- everyone take away something different. This is what stuck out to me.
- Thomas Edison had over 10,000 failures. (What if he had quit at the 5th? The 5,000th? We’d be sitting in the dark right now.)
- You MUST HAVE a burning desire for your goal or you will never achieve it.
- Every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success.
- Desire+planning+persistence= riches (however YOU define riches)
- You MUST HAVE a positive pleasing mental attitude.
- Riches aren’t just monetary
- Persistence is key. So is discipline.
- People who make decisions with planning have wealth. Those who make decisions quickly and without much thought never do.
- His principles basically revolve around personal determination and will power.
- Hill suggests you write a statement of how much you want to earn, what you’re willing to give up to have that money, what your plan to get that money is, and to repeat that every day morning and night.
7 most powerful emotions:
Desire, Faith, Love, Sex, Enthusiasm, Romance, Hope
7 most negative emotions:
Fear, Jealousy, Hatred, Revenge, Greed, Superstition, Anger
(apply and use ONLY the positive. Letting any of the negative ones in will keep you from having power/success)
Your 3 worst enemies:
indecision, doubt, fear
People have 6 basic fears. Fear Of:
- Ill Health
- Loss of Love
- Old Age
Overcome these fears if you intend to be successful and have all the riches you desire.
This book really had a profound effect on me. I’ve listened to it twice since last Tuesday. I suggest you pick it up!
I have this on audiobook if you want it. It was worth the listen.
What did you take away from this book?