Here are some more tips on team building based on my own wins and losses since September 2007. They are in no particular order (except for the first one!) They are all important and I hope you can learn from my mistakes!
- MOST IMPORTANT. As soon as someone enrolls work on getting them their required customers to trigger the fast start bonus.
- Avoid focus on their domain name (if they choose to buy one), their dream board, etc. until they’ve got their customers!!!!!
Get them their customers. THEN roll up your sleeves and help them with the dream board, the strategy, the domain name, the sizzle cards, the business cards, etc.
- Consider making a new rep’s sizzle cards for them or get together and make and cut the cards together so they learn how but NEVER keep supplying them with cards because that does nothing for their growth. It keeps them infants in their business. Show them once then put the rest in their hands.
- Do just a few one-on-one presentations for your teammate’s leads and have them be a positive “back up” to the points you make in the presentation. Then switch roles from then on. Requiring them to do their own presentations fosters growth and builds their confidence which also builds leaders.
So to be company-specific here’s the general guidelines to helping a new Ampegy independent representative get started:
1. First-help the new Representative get their required customers to trigger the fast start bonus
2. Get them to make a list of potential customers and reps
3. Make sure they have accessed their back office, set up their direct deposit, etc.
4. Help them with a dream board or dream list of some kind
5. Make sure they know the webinar/call times. Remind them the first 2 weeks- (tell them you’ll remind them just the first 2 weeks)
Got any team building tips you’ve learned along the way? Please share them by leaving a comment!