Have you seen those ads on Facebook and Instagram for the amazing weight loss and anti-cellulite leggings or panty style body shapers sold by Trendiness? The ones with the fancy animation showing their magic cosmetic textile technology?
Yeah, me too. I saw them over and over for weeks. And in the end, I bought a pair of the leggings.
So, here’s my experience.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
Basically, the seller says these “cosmetic textiles” are created to slow release various ingredients to help with weight loss and the reduction of cellulite.
Weight loss leggings are nothing to be laughed at- I still swear by my Zaggora Hot Pants, leggings, and Hot Tops . I wear them for every workout.
But, after losing my thyroid to cancer my body doesn’t do what I want it or work like it
once did in terms of weight loss, so I was open to seeing if these leggings could be a useful tool.
From the website:
What is the Lilia™ ?Lilia™ is a cosmetic body shaper that focuses on weight loss and anti-cellulite through its combination of more than 30 special ingredients such as red algae, almond oil, or buckwheat, that are micro-encapsulated directly into the textile and released when the shaper is worn, to provide long-term, continuous benefits.
Using unique sewing techniques from the high-end shapewear industry, the Lilia™ shaper also provides instant shaping benefits and will lift the butt, flatten the tummy and remove love handles.
It’s perfect for all-day shaping and perfectly balances comfort and compression to be your most favorite everyday essential!
What are cosmetic textiles?
Cosmetic textiles are functional fabrics impregnated with cosmetic ingredients that are released onto the skin during the course of wear. They can provide multiple cosmetic benefits, such as moisturization, slimming, UV protection, energizing, or temperature regulation.
INSTANT SHAPING – Unique sewing techniques for shaping the waist, hip, belly, and love handles to look better and slimmer instantly.
LONG-TERM RESULTS – Special micro-encapsulated cosmetic ingredients added into the textile, promoting weight loss and removing cellulite.
JUST WEAR IT – and look slimmer instantly, while letting the beauty ingredients penetrate your skin over time.
RESULTS WITHIN 2 WEEKS – The powerful action of the active ingredients can last for up to 8 weeks. Visible results can appear within 2 weeks.
CAN BE WASHED – the microcapsules are designed to resist more than 40 washes before they degrade. Thus, the cosmetic action is guaranteed throughout the entire period of treatment.
WHENEVER YOU WANT – The capsules won’t degrade if you won’t wear the body shaper, so you don’t have to wear it every day – a few days a week is more than enough.
SEAMLESS & COMFORTABLE – High elasticity provides comfort and seamlessness.
60-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE – get a full refund if you’re not 100% satisfied. No questions asked.
Reduce cellulite by up to 41%
Up to -2.1″ (-5.5cm) around hips
Up to 1.2″ (-3.1cm) around waist
100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy
91.4% of users reported losing weight over a 12-week period
99.1% of users reported improvements in combatting cellulite
97.7% of users recommended this product
Fabric: 96% Polyester, 4% Elastane
Active ingredients: Caffeine, red algae, flower bamboo cypress, almond oil, buckwheat fat, garcinia fruit, lavender, shea butter, sophora flower, ginkgo leaf, guarana, forskolin, coleus extract, nagi podocarpus extract.
Cold wash only. Hand-wash recommended. No drying machine.
Capsule resistance: ~40 washes.
Not recommended for pregnant women.
I wore these for 35 days. Here’s what I took away from the experience.
- They’re soft.
- They’re Comfortable.
- They’re moderately stretchy.
- They smell nice right out of the box, but it fades quickly
- Wearing them reduces hunger cravings due to light compression. Your brain doesn’t get the signal that it’s hungry.
- Trendiness has great customer service (see below in the Cons section)
- Trendiness has a pretty decent return policy- though I was not granted a full refund as advertised (see the Cons section).
- I did lose almost 2 pounds, but these simply don’t live up to the hype.
- The weight loss seems to be due to the compression and appetite reduction rather than any of the ingredients that are supposedly built into the leggings.
- The first pair’s thread unraveled in the crotch in 10 days, but Trendiness sent out a new pair at no cost.
- The second pair’s thread unraveled in about the same amount of time
- They’re too expensive. They’re comfortable, but the minimal results in no way justify the price of about $50 for a pair of black leggings.
- While Trendiness says they offer a FULL REFUND within 60 days I was offered a refund, but it was $6.95 less than the amount I paid. I’m not sure why I got less than a full refund, but I have bigger things going on right now so I’m unsure if I’ll fight it.
Waste of money, which is incredibly disappointing. I was so optimistic about these.
Maybe if you have a biologically “normal” body they might work for you, but it was a bust for me.
Oh well, live, learn, and get almost a full refund, I suppose.
So, did you try them? And did they work for you?